So Lauren Caitlin's train of thought was yet to board the station when she was asked that famous question about *US Americans* and maps. (Aside, that was a dumb question to ask on a beauty pageant. Aside aside, beauty pageants have lost perspective. Aside aside aside, this post is not about beauty pageants.).
But what I really liked about her was the fact that she appeared on national television, on the Today Show and gave a nice explanation about the *pageant incident*, the repercussions of which made it last week's most-watched-video-on-YouTube.
Was it effective damage control? I don't know about that. But I really admire her comeback. And the self esteem and confidence that came along with it.
But what I really liked about her was the fact that she appeared on national television, on the Today Show and gave a nice explanation about the *pageant incident*, the repercussions of which made it last week's most-watched-video-on-YouTube.
Was it effective damage control? I don't know about that. But I really admire her comeback. And the self esteem and confidence that came along with it.

4 comments:
Oh, she's so riding that clip to fame, its not even funny! And her strategy was just right - find THE most annoying anchor on TV i.e. Ann Curry and give an interview.
Cool clip...But as you said good rebuttal
Ha ha Amrita, I see your point. :) Nevertheless, I admire the part where she chose to go public rather than go underground with the whole fiasco.
I thought I will put up a trackback on your blog post with this one, but I had no clue what to do. Tah dah duh duh! :)
Kartik - Heh heh, I thought people should see this clip too, apart from the one where she actually used the phrase - "everywhere like such as". :D
oh, i'll put in an update :) wordpress trackbacks work a bit differently as in they appear in the comment section rather than as separate trackbacks even though the linking process is the same.
Post a Comment